...that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man...Ephesians 3:16

Friday, September 19, 2008

What is balanced fitness?

Fad diets and the promises of blasting or eliminating something unwanted... That's what's on my mind today!

Fad diets are hilarious, they deprive me to the point that I can't think straight and as soon as I get my hands on the first 'forbidden fruit' I go all rehab candidate. Crazy grouchy lady.

They have a cunning carcinogenic effect that slowly deteriorates our body to state of co-dependency. So many lists and charts and weigh ins and ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! Somebody give me a Krispie Cream NOW!

I mean really. see its like this. Everyday i come across people that are saying " if someone would just tell me what to eat, what exercises to do and help me to stay motivated i'd be good". That's it...that's all we need. What i find amazing is that someone already did!

From beginning to end, 365 days of the year there is a REVOLUTIONARY WEIGHT LOSS SYSTEM TO FINALLY BLAST AWAY STUBBORN FLABBINESS ON THOSE THIGHS, FLATTEN THAT TUMMY AND SAY BYE-BYE TO THAT UNDERARM JIGGLE...

It's in there, the Word-God's Word-has a plan. It tells you what to eat, what to exercises to do, how to stay motivated when you want to throw in the towel and say I quit, it even tells you how to find the perfect fitness buddy...Seriously, you think I'm making this stuff up? One of my favorite scriptures is Phil 4:13 i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

It's an interesting scripture because it simply says I can not i want to, i should do, i think i can, i might, no-it says I can. See if God puts an opportunity in front of me to improve who I am, what I do or how I live, then I have all ability to do it because He gave it to me. He created me in His image, with the mind of Christ and most certainly Christ can do this...I'm not Christ but I am living everyday to be Christ-like viseversa like-Christ.

Balanced Fitness is balanced Mind...free of anything that could create confusion, depression, self defeating thoughts.

Balanced Body...the willingness to push beyond your normal comfort zone, doing whatever it takes to be strong, well and living.

Balanced Spirit...recognizing that without Christ, we can't do anything. Every area of our lives should be a reflection of God's word. spirit. soul. body. finances. relationships.

be physically well and strong as your soul is also!

No comments: