...that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man...Ephesians 3:16

Monday, December 28, 2009

Daniel Fast 2010

Here we are in a new year, the end of a fantastic discovery about who God is, how to believe Him and discover more about who I am! In 2009 I took a stand on believing God, the enemy tried to challenge me but I won! This year I'm looking forward to what God wants to do with me, what He wants me to do for Him and who will be involved in this journey! Each year I start with a tremendous expectation, but for some reason my expectation is greater this year. I am VERY excited!

5 statements of faith

God is who He says He is
God can do What He says He can do
I am who God says I am
I can do what God says I can do
God's word is alive and living in me
I'm believing God.

so we begin the Daniel Fast and I'm ready to map out my hit list. (If you are just joining me and dont have an understanding of the fast, please read the previous post of Daniel Fast 2009)

Basically, here's what you need to know
It's not a diet! Daniel made a sincere effort to maintain his belief in God that He would never fail him and no matter what opposition he faced, no matter what compromise someone forced upon him, no matter how hot it got, he would NEVER denounce God. So for that purpose, he declared that he would deny the food everyone else ate if that meant his position on his faith proved him worthy of God's hand. This is the Daniel Fast!

Here are a few recipes I have found to assist you in what to eat.

http://inneractivefitclub.blogspot.com/2009/01/daniel-fast-recipes.html
http://www.christ-web.com/missions/farho/daniel-fast-recipes


1 cup cooked brown rice
fresh apple (cut up into bite size pieces – to taste)
raisins (to taste)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspooon 100% pure edible coconut oil

Mix all the ingredients together in a microwave-safe bowl (except the oil), heat for 2 minutes. Add oil, stir and Eat! It is delicious!

You could probably add soy milk to this, but I don’t like soy milk so I didn’t and it was just as tasty (and filling!

No comments: